W3C Advice 11 2008 december
Please make reference to the errata because of this document, which could add normative corrections.
This document can also be for sale in non-normative platforms, offered by Alternate Versions of site content Accessibility instructions 2.0.
Copyright © 2008 ® that is w3CMIT , ERCIM , Keio), All Rights Reserved. W3C obligation, document and trademark usage rules use.
Site content Accessibility recommendations (WCAG) 2.0 covers an extensive selection of suggestions to make content more accessible. After these instructions can certainly make content accessible to a wider selection of people who have disabilities, including blindness and low eyesight, deafness and hearing loss, learning disabilities, cognitive restrictions, restricted motion, message disabilities, photosensitivity and combinations of those. After these tips will even often make your Web content more usable to users as a whole.
WCAG 2.0 success requirements are written as testable statements that aren’t technology-specific. Guidance about satisfying the success criteria in specific technologies, in addition to basic details about interpreting the success requirements, is provided in documents that are separate. See site content Accessibility tips (WCAG) Overview for an introduction and links to WCAG technical and material that is educational.
WCAG 2.0 succeeds site content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 WCAG10, that has been posted as a W3C advice might 1999. Though it can be done to conform either to WCAG 1.0 or even to WCAG 2.0 (or both), the W3C suggests that brand brand new and updated use that is content 2.0. The W3C additionally recommends that online accessibility policies guide WCAG 2.0.
Reputation with this Document
This part defines the status for this document during the time of its book. Other papers may supersede this document. A listing of current W3C magazines plus the revision that is latest of the technical report are located in the W3C technical reports index at http://www.w3.org/TR/.
This is actually the site content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 W3C Recommendation from the net information Accessibility tips performing Group.
This document happens to be evaluated by W3C Members, by computer software developers, and also by other W3C teams and interested parties, and it is endorsed because of the Director as a W3C Recommendation. It really is a document that is stable can be used as guide product or cited from another document. W3C’s part to make the Recommendation is always to draw focus on the specification and also to market its extensive deployment. This improves the functionality and interoperability associated with the internet.
WCAG 2.0 is sustained by the connected non-normative papers, Understanding WCAG 2.0 and processes for WCAG 2.0. Although those papers would not have the formal status that WCAG 2.0 it self has, they supply information crucial that you understanding and implementing WCAG.
The Working Group requests that any reviews be produced utilizing the provided online comment kind. Should this be extremely hard, responses can additionally be delivered to email@example.com. The archives for the public responses list are publicly available. Commentary received regarding the WCAG 2.0 Recommendation cannot result in modifications to this form of the principles, but could be addressed in errata or future variations of WCAG. The performing Group will not want to make responses that are formal commentary. Archives regarding the WCAG WG email list conversations are publicly available, and future work undertaken because of the performing Group may deal with feedback gotten about this document.
This document happens to be produced included in the W3C internet Accessibility Initiative (WAI). The objectives associated with WCAG performing Group are talked about into the WCAG performing Group charter. The WCAG performing Group is component associated with WAI Technical Activity.
This document had been made by an organization running underneath the 5 2004 W3C Patent Policy february. W3C maintains a general public variety of any patent disclosures built in connection utilizing the deliverables associated with the group; that web web page also incorporates guidelines for disclosing a patent. Someone who has real understanding of a patent that the individual believes contains Essential Claim(s) must reveal the info prior to area 6 regarding the W3C Patent Policy.
Dining Table of Contents
- WCAG 2.0 Levels of Guidance
- WCAG 2.0 Supporting Papers
- Crucial Terms in WCAG 2.0
- WCAG 2.0 Recommendations
- 1 Perceivable
- 1.1 Provide text options for any non-text content in order that it may be turned into other styles individuals need, such as for instance large print, braille, speech, symbols or easier language.
- 1.2 offer options for time-based media.
- 1.3 content that is create may be presented in numerous means (for example simpler design) without losing information or framework.
- 1.4 allow it to be easier for users to see and hear content including isolating foreground from back ground.
- 2 Operable
- 2.1 Make all functionality available from a keyboard.
- 2.2 offer users the full time to read and make use of content.
- 2.3 Try not to design content in a real means that is recognized to cause seizures.
- 2.4 offer how to assist users navigate, find content, and discover where they truly are.
- 3 Understandable
- 3.1 Make text content readable try this site and understandable.
- 3.2 Make webpages look and run in predictable means.
- 3.3 Assistance users avoid and correct mistakes.
- 4 Robust
- 4.1 Maximize compatibility with present and user that is future, including assistive technologies.
- 1 Perceivable
- Conformance Needs
- Conformance Claims (Optional)
- Statement of Partial Conformance – Alternative Party Content
- Statement of Partial Conformance – Language
- Appendix A: Glossary (Normative)
- Appendix B: Acknowledgments
- Appendix C: Recommendations